Monday, June 29, 2009

Regular Life

Well, we're all officially here and it's beginning to look like home. Our stuff from Hawaii finally made it last week, with only a few casualties of moving. Life here has been hot, wonderful and busy. It's been so great having family around to help with Landon and just to hang out with!
Landon hangs out with his favorite Aunt- Aunt Mimi (or Kimmy)


I'm back to working three days per week, which means I can try to run errands and unpack on the other days. I can't wait until I have one day obligation free! Landon has adjusted very well to life in Kansas, but he is looking for the water. Luckily, today we went to the beach at Shawnee Mission Park lake, and yesterday he was able to swim in a pool. Last week we couldn't hardly go outside with 100 degree weather with humidity! I had forgotten what it was like to go outside and not even be able to breathe.Landon and Reece (his idol)

There have been some good storms with the heat, and I was surprised that Landon didn't seem to notice. I definitely did, especially when it sounds like our house is going to blow away. Our Hawaii friends would be amazed to see that 60 mph winds and hail is just another summer storm.
Landon and Marin taking a bath in Auntie Brandi's 'spa'.

No comments: