Monday, September 21, 2009

21 Months!

Landon has grown up so much this summer. It seems like every day he is learning something new, or surprising us with his memory. Here are the highlights:

- We had our first parents as teachers visit this week. It was awesome! This was our first experience with the program, and it was really informative. The teacher was impressed with Landon's vocabulary (How could she not be?), and gave us some things to work on. I love that this program is free! This is from my dad's visit at the beginning of the summer.
Great- grandpa Frank, Grandpa Tom, Uncle Greg and Little Frank.

- We have casually started potty training. I thought we were definitely too young for this, but Landon has shown some interest, so we're taking advantage of that. He's going about once a day.
At the Deanna Rose Farmstead and Petting Zoo

- Landon continues to be very social and is so happy. He still has no stranger anxiety, and will go to anyone. He loves other kids especially. His love for music is still going strong, and LOVES to dance. I asked him last week what he was doing, and he said "I'm just dancing!"

- I am amazed everyday at the amount of words he knows. He has a book called "Baby's First 100 words" and he can name every picture in the book, even if I've only told him what it is once. His memory is incredible, which has me very careful about what I say.

- He loves having family around (as do I). He knows when we pull up to certain houses who lives there, and calls most of our family members by name. Our family has been so helpful while Jon interviewed for jobs, and we are so grateful to have them be a part of Landon's life.

We continue to feel blessed everyday that Landon is a part of our lives. He is such an amazing child with so much personality, and we are lucky to be his parents.

1 comment:

Doodah said...

Great update Andrea! Thanks. Uh.... Do I need to send him a Cubs teeshirt?