Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Inspection #1 Complete!



The first home inspection is done! I can't believe it. It lasted just over 2 hours and was pretty much how we thought it would go. What did people do before the internet was there to look up other peoples experiences? I guess they had to rough it.

This is a picture that includes our new fave cleaning product (besides the magic eraser) the Mrs. Meyers counter spray. It's all natural.

[ed. note: Jon likes the pledge]

This interview was mostly talking, and the second one is where they actually do more inspecting. All that crazy lady cleaning and she didn't open one drawer or closet! I guess it's incentive to maintain it until the next meeting, which will probably be in a week or two. All in all, we thought it went pretty well and the worker made a comment at the end that made us feel good about the day. We went out to celebrate after she left- we had Okinawan sweet potato and ginger infused martinis. They were very tasty.

One down, two more to go!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! I think this is really great and I want you to know that I am really proud of you. From what I know about adopting it is very hard psychologicaly (did I spell that right?)and very exspensive. So way to go. You two will be wonderful parents and you'll have so much fun. Your life will be filled with such great joy and so many wonderful surprizes you'll be spechless at times. There is nothing better then being a parent as far as I'm concered, and I know you will love it too. I love you guys! And way to set up this fancy wec page for everyone to see. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

oh, yay for you guys!!! so glad your 1st home study went well! we can't even put into words how excited we are for you both! we know you'll be awesome parents! you'll be in our thoughts and prayers daily. okay, my typing assistant is in dire need of a nap - gotta go! we'll chat later!
love you, lisa, jeff, & marin

The 4 Moore's said...

So glad the first home study is behind you, i'm sure your social worker is moving you up to the top of the list as we speak after they got to meet you!