Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Andrea's Birthday


I realize that I'm posting this a day late; I really have no excuses. I do have some business colleagues in from California and between entertaining those people and finishing up the move, I've been pretty swamped.

But, like I said, no excuses for not posting a note on the blog for Andrea's birthday. So, here's her post. It is well deserved.

I will say this: I'm a very lucky guy to have such a wonderful, beautiful, wildly intelligent best friend. FLH is a lucky little guy to have a caring, compassionate, attentive mother.

Andrea and I have been together over eight years; married for almost five. She always presents a strong (but fair) argument, is willing to hear my points (however ridiculous) and makes good decisions for our family. I told her last night how much I love my little family.

All of you who check in on this blog already know those things about her. But I wanted everyone to know how important she is to me and FLH.

For her birthday, she shopped and had a wonderful dinner at Nobu Japanese Restaurant. A very special present was the fact that after weeks of saying "Da Da Da" ... FLH finally starting saying "Ma Ma Ma" on her birthday morning.

So, although this is late, I just wanted to say "Happy Birthday Andrea". FLH and I love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful daughter! You hit all Andrea's attributes right on the head. Yes, we are very proud of her too, but mostly we are proud on how you, Jon and Andrea have grown into caring, productive, intellent adults and now, great parents that any child would be blessed to have.
We love your little family too. Thank you for taking such good care of them. Makes it easier for us to sleep at night. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Doodah agrees 100 percent with Tom and Patti!! Love to you all. How was the yougart?

Anonymous said...

OOPS! I meant yogurt!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be more proud of all of you. Jon, your words brought tears to my eyes and warmth to my heart. What a perfect family you have and there is so much more to come! I miss all of you so much and can't wait to see hopefully soon. The picture of Andrea and FLH is priceless. Love and kisses to all of you.