Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gymboree

Landon temporarily ends his tug of war with Mia to find the camera.
Hi Mama!


Since Landon was a few months old, we have been going to Gymboree together. I love that it's our special time each week to play and have fun just the two of us. This week, we actually went to two classes. The first class was a music class, and Landon was one of the younger ones there. The babies were crazy during this class! The teacher ended up losing control and it was basically a free for all with kids pulling hair and crawling all over each other. They all had a great time, and miraculously, there were no tears. Landon forgot who he came with though, and was sitting with every other parent in the room. I don't even think he looked for me! Jon and I joke that he would be happy with a new set of parents every day. He was Mr. Social, having to visit everyone there.

What Landon looks like to Mom at Gymboree....

I love bubble time..

The second class was our regular gym class, and since it is a 6-10 month old class and our baby is 9 months this week, he is one of the older ones there. When we first moved up to this class, he was the youngest one there, and I think he crawled and pulled up so early from watching these bigger kids. This week I couldn't be more than 6 inches away from him the entire class! He was grabbing shaker toys from babies and hitting them over the head with it in one hand, and trying to pull to stand up on smaller kids with the other. Mama even had to abandon parachute play because when we lifted the parachute up, I could see Landon face planting on kids in the middle, or just sprawled out across them. I had to apologize to probably every parent in the room at least once. Fortunately, there were minimal tears and no visible head injuries. I think it's almost time to move to the bigger class.

Landon and Mochi. They had been in the same class for awhile. Recently, Landon has pretty much doubled her in size. (She is 3 months younger).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Landon bullies other kids. That is hilarious. He is so cute at Gymboree. I miss him!!

Anonymous said...

After our conversation yesterday about Gymboree I can totally see how he is Mr. Social Butterfly in class. He has gotten so big. I can't stand it! Of course Kim loves that Landon bullies other kids. If I remember correct she did the same thing! Keep the pictures coming. I love them!

The Tynes Family said...

He looks like he loves Gymboree. How cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to go to Gymboree with you and Landon next month. He's the poster child for "no fear". What a cutie. Hopefully, he won't resort to biting when he gets the rest of his teeth!

The 4 Moore's said...

Landon and Lilah need to hang out. I'm constantly apologizing to other families when we're out and about. We love gymboree too, wish we could have class together. Lilah loves to trace her hand in art class and wack the drum in music. And I can't believe you said about the dingo got your baby. Bill has been saying that to me constantly because I can't sleep at night when I hear the coyotes. Love you.

Andy said...

How fun!! Don't ask why, but I have actually been to a Gymboree class in my past days!! haha...they are fun!

Cris and Em said...

hello!! Thanks for commenting on our blog! I have loved reading through yours, and Landon is so incredibly adorable!
So, about the water slide....We rented it through Hickam, and it was MUCH cheaper than through a regular rental company, however, that also meant we had to haul it around ourselves, and although i wrote on my blog that it was 100 pounds o' fun, Cris claims it is more like 300, so it's not easy! but it was sooo much fun!
send me an email if you get a chance! crisandemilie@yahoo.com