Last Saturday, we had a birthday party for Landon with our Hawaii ohana. We had planned for it to be at the park, however we had torrential downpours in the days leading up to the party. Needless to say we had to make a last minute adjustment, so the party was at our house. Everyone came over for pizza and cupcakes. The kids had a great time decorating their own cupcakes (which yes, was in our house).
For Landon's party in KC, his grandma and I made him a pumpkin apple harvest cake. It was low sugar and somewhat healthy. We try to be very careful about what Landon eats. We know it won't last forever that is intake is so controlled, but we want to take advantage of this time and give him a nutritious diet. I did want him to have cake, but he had never had any sweets before that day. He loved the cake, which I had received a lot of grief over. For this party, I gave into peer pressure and made him a plain white cupcake with white frosting. Check out the results:


No comments:
Post a Comment