Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Big News!






Yesterday we spoke with our social worker, and she scheduled our 2nd home study for this Friday at 3:00! For those who need a quick reminder, after this study it takes a few weeks for our official approval from the state. The state then comes to our house to ask us what we're looking for and then we're just waiting for our referral! The scary thing about adopting from the state is that if we accept a referral, we would probably get the baby that day! Our day would start off routinely, and we would go to bed parents!

The main part of our second visit is making sure we have done/purchased all of the things on our checklist. The biggest one being a crib. So last night, Jon and I got to buy a crib and set it up. It matches our other furniture perfectly and even has a drawer underneath for storage (important in a high rise). We had a great time and only got in one "disagreement", so it was productive for major furniture set-up. The hardest part is that we only have two bedrooms, and what is now the nursery had a queen size bed in it for our visitors. We have a closet that would hold the box springs, and the mattress is now under our bed. Putting the mattress under the bed was definitely the most difficult part. It's a good thing our baby isn't here yet, because I'm sure her first few words would be four letter ones. We may just get rid of the second bed eventually, but we're trying to save it for awhile for any potential visitors or in case we move to a bigger place soon.

So the next few days at the Hall hale will be stressful ones- we are hosting a baby shower tonight, the home study is Friday, I work Thursday and Friday night and this weekend is Jon's 48 hour movie competition. This is what we thrive on though. I guess it's practice for life with a child! By the way- can you mothers help me out- what do I clean this crib with? It's finished wood. I didn't know if it was ok to use regular cleaning supplies in case the baby chews on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the crib! If Jon got that thing put together he shouldn't have any problem assembling the numerous toys & necessities baby will get!

Anonymous said...

In my own defense of the controversial "Heineken" photo, the kind gentleman at the baby store suggested that the crib could not be assembled after drinking alcoholic beverages.

Am I seriously going to refuse a challenge like that? Of course, I nearly broke my arm doing it - so, perhaps he was right.

... Hawaii Irish ...

Anonymous said...

Clean everything with vinegar and water. Or you'll need to go to an all natural place and spend $10 on a bottle of something that is mostly vinegar and water anyways. I love the crib! The drawer will come in so handy. Keep all of your extra sheets and blankets in it, so if a diper malfunction should happen you'll be ready. Love the beding too!

Anonymous said...

Your crib is beautiful! Hopefully your baby enjoys his/her crib more than the Tynes' boys:)