Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Last weeks meeting

Sorry I haven't had any adoption updates for awhile. Last week one of our many workers asked to come to our house. She said she was so excited that we were the first family she's worked with from start to finish (she's fairly new) and wanted to give us a gift. She gave us a really nice scrapbook for the baby and checked out all of our baby gear. We had a great visit and after she left I felt so excited to be waiting for our referral. She said during the meeting that we were officially done and waiting for our phone call. Jon and I were thrilled, until she emailed us an hour later and said that she forgot about one more visit we will have to have. I'm trying to remain optimistic and keep our eye on the prize, but how many visits do we need? Our friends adopted internationally and had 1 home visit, and this next one will make 4 for us. I guess this is what they mean about the ups and downs of adoption.

No comments: