Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Progress We've Made

This past week has been a crazy one. We have gotten a lot done though. Even our agency was surprised! We signed up for Infant care/CPR classes, we picked a pediatrician, bought a car seat and have starting going through our things to donate. With all of the things coming into the house, we've got to start getting rid of a little. They don't know who they're working with!

We have our first meeting at HIC (Hawaii International Child, our agency) on November 2nd. We will go over the plan, schedule more meetings, etc. We think we may get to speak with our birth mother that day over the phone. I can't tell you how nervous we are for that. I know she already picked us, but what will we ask her? What if she thinks we're strange because we're so nervous we just mumble and stutter. I know we're pretty good communicators, but this is definitely extraordinary circumstances. Luckily, someone from the agency will be on the call with us and she has a great sense of humor. I've already been trying to write what questions I want to ask. In the adoption books I have read, most concur that the more the child knows about their biological family, the more adjusted they are. I want to be able to tell our child if she was musically inclined, what she craved when she was pregnant and so on.

We have a few names that we have always liked, but it seems more real now. Do we really see calling our child one of them? We have been scouring the internet and baby name books looking for ones that we like, but I have a feeling we'll go with one of our originals. It seems to be pretty rare that we both like a name. Jon comes up with the craziest names! For example, this week I had to veto Annaby. I hope when I meet our baby I'm not so crazy and distracted that I agree to it.

No comments: