Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

This past weekend, we were fortunate enough to meet our birth mother! It was the most amazing experience. We were both completely scared, and she was too, but it went really well. We had someone from the agency with us the whole time, so that helped.

We met at the agency for about an hour, and then went to lunch at P.F. Chang's. We found out so many things about her, and told her about our lives. She had blond hair, blue eyes and really fair skin. Apparently the birth father is fair skinned with brown hair. The baby could definitely look like us. She was very cute, well spoken and easy to talk to. Jon thinks she looks like she could be a member of his family.

I feel so blessed to have found this situation (or have it find us). I think it is really meant to be. There are so many similarities between us. We are going to continue contact with her and will probably get to be in the delivery room when the baby is born. This Sunday, the three of us are having pictures taken. How cool is that? I ordered a baby book with a section for domestic adoption and one of the pages is "About Your Birth Mother." I think it will be so special to have a picture of the three of us. I have also been journaling the process. After the meeting, I wrote down all of the information I could remember about her, so I don't forget one thing.

No comments: