Big news, the biggest of all! On Monday, we were notified that we were selected by a birth mother! Yes, I know this is a change from the state. It has all happened so fast! A few months ago, Jon and I went to an international adoption seminar to find out information, and they said they occasionally have domestic adoptions. We put our names on a list to be notified, and last Friday we got an email about an adoptive situation that sounded perfect for us! We submitted a letter to the birth mother along with some carefully selected pictures, and she picked us! Our baby is due on December 12, and we don't know if it's a boy or a girl. We're going to be surprised. How much better of a surprise can you get! We'll be able to take the baby home from the hospital, as it will be born here in Hawaii.
We got the phone call that we were selected on Monday night. We were in Maui staying with our friends Dave and Kelly. Jon and Dave went to get pizza, and the agency called me. He didn't answer his phone, so I had to wait with the news for 30 minutes! When he got back to the condo, I had Ryleigh, Dave and Kelly's 4 year old daughter, meet Jon at the door. She said "Jon you're going to be a daddy." He looked at her a little strange, and said "I know." He was thinking she meant one day in the future. I looked at him and said "No, REALLY." I tried to take a picture of the shock, but I don't think I captured it.
Words can't express the emotional ride we've been on the past few days. We're absolutely thrilled, nervous and scared. We have eight weeks to prepare what most people have 9 months to prepare for. I wish you all could see my crazy lists. I have lists of things to buy, lists of things to read, lists to organize, phone calls to make, etc.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
congratulations!!! you two will be such wonderful parents!! i know that this baby will have a very special and priveleged life being raised by you two....an abundance of love and laughter!! what a lucky baby!! can't wait to see the new addition to your growing family. love and aloha always, mini :D
OMG!! Congratualtions!! Yipppeee! Such great news for such wonderful people. I'm sooo happy for the both of you!
With Love,
Da Crislips :)
I am so happy for you both! Life always creeps up on you with it's own plan. Enjoy every minute of these preperations! I will be glued to your blog........
Shawney
ok, i am crying! we are so happy for you both and the boys can't wait to have a new little cousin!!! We love you!
yea!!! I'm so happy for both of you. You're going to be fantastic parents and I can't wait to hear more! Congratulations and hopefully I can come back to hawaii sometime to meet your little tyke!
CONGRATULATIONS.....I am thrilled for you both. Baby is so lucky to have you guys as its parents
Love you guys and miss you lots
Cheryl
Oh my gosh!! Congratulations!!I am soo excited for you!!
OK I have chills all over and tears in my eyes. I am so happy for you two! I can't believe it. You two have been so strong through all of this and now the time has finally come. YEAH! You two will have the newest family member at the "Fill the Lake in 08'" reuoin. I'm so excited!! I love you guys.
Oh, we're soooo excited for you guys! You'll be the best parents! Wow, what an amazing Christmas you'll have! We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of your little one! Love you!
Lisa, Jeff, & Marin:)
Post a Comment