Today, our baby is 34 weeks! This is a big milestone in fetal development. The baby now weighs 4 and 3/4 pounds, and is about the size of a cantaloupe. The biggest thing is that the surfactant that coats the babies lungs is fully developed, so the baby could breath easy if it was born today.
I know every day the baby can stay 'inside' will make it stronger and healthier, but it was a relief to hear that if the baby was born today, it would have a good chance of being healthy. Also, the babies fat is beginning to develop and it is starting to look less red and more pink.
You may wonder where I'm getting all of this information. Well, each week I get an email that talks about the development of the baby from BabyCenter.com. I think it helps us stay connected to the baby.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment