Check out the countdown on the right portion of the screen- less than 40 days until the newest member of our family arrives. Things are continuing to happen fast around here.
We have continued to clean and organize as much as we can. We have also tried to do things that will be more difficult when carting around a little one. For example, we have dentist appointments, eye doctor appointments, financial planner meetings (we won't even get into what it will cost for this kid to go to college) and so on.
I have signed us up for a two part class that starts next week. Week 1 is 'Baby Basics' and week 2 is 'Infant CPR.' Jon's buddy says if I can videotape him at the first class he would pay me. It should be interesting.
Finally, we have a meeting at the agency tomorrow. We are going to talk about what things on our list we have done, what we still need to complete and the procedure for the hospital. This is what I'm most curious about. Do we get parent bracelets so we can access the baby? When can we start making the decisions? How soon after the baby is born do they approach our birth mother to sign over her rights? I want her to be able to say goodbye to the baby and not feel pressured, but I will be on edge until she signs that form. In Hawaii, she legally cannot sign her rights to parent over to us until after the birth, but once she does she doesn't have any grace period to change her mind. Thank goodness we don't live in a state where she has 30 days - 1 year to think about it, or I would be frantic every time the phone rang.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment