Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Polly's Pancake Parlor


This past weekend, Jon and I celebrated our fifth anniversary! I can't believe it's been five years already! We reflected on how different our lives are, and how very blessed we are. He's such a great dad and I'm so glad I picked him!

As a surprise, I ordered Jon a gift pack from Polly's Pancake Parlor in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire. We visited this place on our honeymoon, where we went to New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Polly's has been serving breakfast since 1938, and makes all of their items from scratch. No pancake mixes here! We have such fond memories of this place, and I wanted to see if the pancakes could pass the test of time.

After sampling two of the pancake varieties (it comes with five and a Vermont syrup) I can say that the pancakes surpass my memory! Last night for dinner, we had the buttermilk oatmeal variety and it was outstanding.

As a side note, Jon also got me a very nice gift- a wooden chest for all of my silver flatware (a collection I'm trying to build to pass on to our babies!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the pancake surprise turned out so well. We are very blessed that Jon is such a wonderful son to us, husband to you and father to Landon. That is something we don't worry about - it's you two, and now we have a precious grandson to count with our blessings. We cannot wait to see you.